My dirty cosmo like post :
1. “Me? I graduated top of my class.”
2. “Of course I like your friends!”
3. “Honey, you’re the best.”
4. “No, I can’t call you. I don’t even know where I’ll be.”
5. “That dress isn’t too tight. It looks great!”
6. “They’re downsizing at work. But don’t worry. They won’t get me.”
7. “Sure, I’ll mow the lawn — as soon as this crick in my back goes away.”
But there are crucial differences in the lies women and men tell. A study by psychologist Bella M. DePaulo of the University of Virginia found that when women lie, they tend to focus on making others feel better — such as the woman who tells her hostess that dinner is “simply delicious” even as she cringes with every mouthful.
At the heart of many men’s lies, however, is the male ego. Men lie to build themselves up or to conceal something, DePaulo says. According to psychologist Michael Lewis in the book Lying and Deception in Everyday Life, men are more likely to lie to enhance themselves than women are.
I’m not really buying this… but that is because I am a man? I think the number one reason that men, who are not complete sleeze balls, would probably tell a lie is to advoid getting into hours of discussion about why he would say such a thing.